Today has been a productive day in a sea of days that have felt anything but. I packed up a lot of stuff from the bedroom and made a big hole in the clutter. There was a tremendous thunderstorm peeling over Kinnelon this afternoon and I stopped what I was doing just to watch it. There's a dumpster about 100 metres away and I couldn't see it for the sweeping sheets of rain and hail the size of a dime hurtling down. Thunder rolled overhead and lightning ignited the clouds for 20 minutes. It felt to me like Zeus was really pissed off at somebody. I was just glad it wasn't me.
All my soul senses are alert over Lucy. I'm switched on full-tilt boogey and my radar is honed right into Mary Kate's heart. She's strong on the outside but inside she needs a palm to touch, without that she loses her geography completely. I'm not going to let that happen to her and she needs to know that. I'm sure she does. Soul-pals are like that: one's not much good without the other.
Tomorrow will be busy again. More boxes to get and more boxes to fill. Tomorrow night we've been invited by David and Deborah to go over for dinner. Tazeen and her daughter Saman will be there but I'm not really all that keen on going. I like David well enough but I don't see why I should have to break bread with the guy. Still, the kids want me there so I'll shine up and shut up. It's free food and free booze and I'll have earned it so why the feck not?
Yawning now so I'll turn in. Goodnight, Mrs Danagher's only daughter. Sleep sweet and fly that magic carpet :-)
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I trust you my soul pal.
Sleep tight.
XXXOOOOO
Post a Comment