Thursday, September 11, 2008

Universal Casting

I went over to the offices of Universal Casting in Wayne on Tuesday.
It was interesting, they told me all about the company; about how they send out castings for some of the big movies based in NJ and Manhattan - like War of the Worlds, Heat, and some of the better known soaps like CSI New York, Law & Order,and some commercials too. They said there was a fee of $630, which pays for all 50 promo head-shots of me plus 4 acting master-classes. I was interested but didn't have the money but then my neighbour, who took me to the office, said she would pay it for me and I could pay her back piece-meal out of whatever salary I got from the work each month. I was stunned by the offer and at first I didn't know what to say but she said she knew I really wanted to do it and she thought it would be a great opportunity and she didn't want me to miss out. So - I signed up! Went to the first master-class last night. The guy teaches the Meisner Method Acting technique.

They're recruiting for a commercial next Friday. Fingers crossed!

No comments: