It was 4.20 am when my cell phone rang. It was Noel, Sian's Irish boyfriend calling from *his* cell: "Congratulations grandad, ye have a wee grandson!" I was ecstatic, totally chuffed to monkeys. "How are they? How big is he? What time was he born? What's his NAME???" Both mother and son are fine, Ethan showed up at 7.20 am BST, two hours earlier, and weighed in at 7 pounds 15 ounces! He's a bloody BEAR, and he was already on the breast, gulping down the proteins. The birth went fine, although Sian had to be induced in the end cos he was over a week late. They had to use forceps apparently, for the final part of the delivery, but everything went smoothly. I chatted with Sian for a while. She sounded happy but exhausted. "He has strawberry-blonde hair dad, just like me, and from the nose up he's the spit of you." And just to prove it, Noel sent me two photos. I'll upload them later tonight.
Phew! I am SO happy that he's finally here. A little Irish leprechaun who looks like Mickaleen.
May God bless his life. I love him already.
Welcome to the family little Ethan :-)
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm crying...
Life, more love and a chance to watch a weeble change this world.. Bless you, bless Ethan and Sian and and and, he's absolutely beautiful beyond the beyond!
Sniff! I love him already too. I want to touch his face..
Love to all
Mary kate is so happy for you!
Yes, she hears you breathing every night.
I want to touch his face too :-)
Big hug!
x
Post a Comment