Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Adjustment of Status

Well finally,after 8 months my Adjustment of Status has been granted. I got the notice through the post today and so now I'm officially a legal permanent resident of the U.S., for better or worse! Immigration said it is conditional and that they will send me the card in about 3 weeks. It's good for 2 years, then I have to apply to have the conditions removed before I get the 10 year card. The only immediate advantage I can see is that I don't have to apply for Advance Parole before I leave the country. I just show the card and my passport. Not that I foresee leaving the country for awhile yet. I had hoped to go back to England to see little Ethan next month but finances are just too tight right now so I guess I'll have to wait until I can afford the air-fare. I won't ask Saba for it, she's helped me enough since I got here and I know she needs all her spare cash for the house expenses. I'll just be glad when I get a job and a driving license! I'm hoping to go and sit the written driving exam at the weekend and once I pass that I can at least start taking lessons. That'll be the first step.

I just looked at my chart to see what was showing up today. I had to smile, it's perfect. Progressed Moon in the 9th house conjunct natal Moon (it had just entered my 9th and was trining my Ascendant when I arrived here); transiting Mars going over my Ascendant and here's the kicker: transiting Uranus in 4th trining progressed Moon and natal Uranus-Moon in the 9th. There's the breakthrough energy - right on time!
Hopefully this is a sign that things are starting to move. We'll see....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Congrats ya pig! Yer a real amerikin now Batz! For better for worse indeed!

The house won't take it all and Ethan will wait for his poppa. :-)
Because of you, he might even grow up without a British accent! One never knows does one?

You'll get that job and you will drive a car.You have no choice!A car in the US is not a luxury.. remember? It's a necessity. :-(

Stay strong O'Malley, you have Mass on Sunday, I'll be waving my kercheef atcha! On it is the scent of a woman who thinks the world of ya!

;-)

X

Yes miracles do happen! You can say THAT again!

Mickaleen said...

I can't miss that scent Mary Kate. It's the scent of a woman alright - and if I see you waving your hankie at me during Mass you'll be doing penance in the vestry until Dublin runs out of Guinness - ya jackeen, ya!

An Amerikin is it? Jeezus Mary an' Joseph - if that's me fate I'd rather run nekkid through the street wit' me backside on fire!

;-)

X

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya bastid!!!!!!

XOXOXOX